26.6.09

the king has left the building.

I remember my childhood days when I felt like listening or dancing or singing one afternoon, I'd open up Michael Jackson's Dangerous (1991) and put it on the cassette player. It was good times. Singing to 'Remember the Time' was the best; and seeing it on a music video channel was better. One of the songs in the album, 'Heal the World' eventually became my prep class' graduation song for some reason. I wanted to do the famous 'Moonwalk' but I can't, but I wasn't that disappointed. Watching him do it was far better anyway and was more entertaining.

Many years passed and my taste for music has eventually evolved. You know, when everyone went through that MJ stage to Britney Spears and N*SYNC days to Foo Fighters and to hardcore the next. But when news broke out that Michael Jackson was found dead, it felt like someone close to you passed away. Sure, you may not know him personally, but I'm sure he was looked up to. He was the icon of so many things. Not just musically but also charity. He maybe be headline on the news because of his wrong doings but damage has been done and there was nothing that other people can do. Right now, what matters most is his genius when it comes to his music, how great he was and how much he gave of himself to help other causes.

Michael Jackson (1958 - 2009) wherever you are, thank you for the music.
You are a legend. You are an inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment